With the recent opening of Nanjing’s S8 metro line, a complex subway network now covers the entire historic city. Spanning 45 kilometres and 17 stations and trains at a maximum speed of 120 kilometres per hour, the line is the longest and fastest in China. Flying through the city like an orange dragon, it winds a scenic route from Taishanxincun Station to Jinniu Lake.
- Completed: 2014
- Track length: 45,216 km
- Stations: 17 (6 underground, 11 above ground)
- Operator: Nanjing Metro Operation Co., Ltd.
- Developer: Nanjing Metro Operation Co., Ltd.
- Architect: Beijing Urban Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- Main Contractor: China Railway Electrification Bureau Group Co., Ltd.
- 37 KONE MonoSpace® lifts
- 75 KONE TransitMaster™ 140 escalators
- KONE Care™ maintenance service