The world’s largest Titanic-themed visitor attraction is contained in this six-storey building and features interpretive and interactive galleries, a five-storey atrium, a 1,000-seat banquet room, restaurants and retail space. Designed to accommodate up to one million visitors annually, Titanic Belfast honours a proud heritage while celebrating a progressive vision. “We looked for a partner to provide the vertical transportation solutions that would meet the project’s unique needs,” says Martin Conway, Commercial Manager for Harcourt Construction. “KONE has demonstrated all of the attributes required to deliver this impressive project to the city of Belfast.”
- Completed: 2012
- Size: 14,000 sqm
- Certification: BREEAM Excellent
- Architect: Todd Architects
- Building owner: Titanic Foundation Ltd.
- Developer: Titanic Quarter Ltd.
- Contractor: Harcourt Construction
- 9 KONE MonoSpace® Special lifts
- 1 KONE TranSys™ lift
- 7 KONE EcoMaster™ escalators